Sunday, August 2, 2009

Anyone else feeling the heat?

The heat wave around here has left us a little home bound this last week. The air conditioning unit has made the week bearable. If we went out it was in the morning or at night. Collin was not a fan of being outside for long periods of time. To Emily's enjoyment we rode the city bus twice. (It is air conditioned and so was my dad's store where we waited for Landon to get off work and pick us up.) We went to Willingdon Beach Friday morning for the Family Place weekly activity. Emily loved throwing the bean bags and knocking the boots down. (It was a western theme.) But her favourite was the bubbles. It was a great week together as a family. But I do hope that next week will be a little cooler. I would like to be able to go down to the lake and spend time outside. :) My mom and I have started walking each morning at 6:30am. It has made a huge difference in my day. My house is tidier and I seem to be more patient with my kids. I hope to keep it up!

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

Can't wait to walk with you and mom. Love you and can't wait to see you.