Monday, August 31, 2009

End of Summer

The last week has been the perfect close to a fun and busy summer. My friend Emily (Gavronski) Chute came to Powell River, from Edmonton, with her family to visit her mom. I haven't seen her for about five years. She is pregnant with baby number 6 who is due in 10 days. She has beautiful kids and is a fantastic mother. (I asked for some tips but she seems to think the kids came like that and she didn't have anything to do with it. Silly Girl!) Her kids are: Andrew (10), Gracie (8), Alecia (6), Sadie (3 almost 4), and Eric (2). Emily loved having other kids to play with. We had a great visit on Saturday at my house and then we decided to throw a big potluck Sunday night at my parents house so that we could hang out more. :) My parents enthusiastically agreed to the plan. :) They love Emily as much as I do! We invited the whole branch and had a great turnout. It was so much fun! Sunday afternoon I had fun playing with my kids. I tried to take my picture with them and, as you see in the slideshow, Collin was more accommodating than Emily. I took some fun pictures of Emily on my parents zunga. (For those non Powell Riverites: a zunga is a rope swing.) She has really mastered holding high up on the rope and swinging in the air. She can do it by herself and will swing for hours if allowed. Unfortunately summer has come to an end. I have loved being home with the kids and look forward to the day when I can quit work and stay home with them. I get sad just thinking of everything I am missing. Sometimes I hate being a responsible adult! :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: End of Summer Wrap Up
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

EMily makes the cutest faces. I loved the pictures and so jealous you saw Emily. Haven't seen her since she moved as a teen. Miss you. And by the way you look amazing in those pics