![]() |
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Rita and Janie Invasion Day 2
After a good night sleep and an early morning walk, we headed off to hike Blackwater Creek trail. Landon was at work so that left five adults and 8 kids to hike. :) It was so much fun. The kids were troopers. We hiked up hills and across bridges and through beautiful trees. We hiked for just over 2 and 1/2 hours. The three adults not carrying babies in packs took turns carrying tired two year olds on their shoulders. The two waterfalls were lacking water due to the hot weather but it was a beautiful day to hike. We had lunch on the trail and go home just before 3 pm and most of the kids went down for naps. Except mine of course. Janie and I headed to town to pick up a few groceries and I grabbed a couple of birthday presents for Janie from the family. (And she was clueless to what I was doing. Except for the print because she picked it out.) We cooked hot dogs over a fire which was hilarious since it was pouring rain so my dad put the tent over the fire pit so we could stay dry. My mom, Rita, Ashley and I headed over to Darlene Norris' house to learn more about canning. I've never done any (except for making jam) so I was excited. I made four quarts of pickles! :) I also learned to do beans and peaches (not together.) Janie decided to stay with my dad and look after the eight kids left behind. After we were done we headed back to my parents for birthday cake and ice cream. It was Janie's birthday so I had made cupcakes and a "watermelon" sherbet cake. We all had a great time. Janie seemed to like the gifts we all gave her. We wanted to make sure she had a memorable birthday. Enjoy the slideshow and pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment