A friend posted a blog once challenging all who read the blog to stop what they were doing and go and dance with their children. I did, and it was a beautiful memory. But how quickly I forgot....
Last night, Emily asked to watch The Wiggles on the TV. We agreed and on it went. Quickly we were ALL taken in and were singing along. Every time a new song came on she would say, "Come on Mommy (or Daddy) let's dance!" And up I would get and dance or spin. Landon sang along, did the hand movements and danced a little. (He was holding Collin.) What a fantastic memory, I hope to remember it forever. During the credits of any movie Emily will always go looking for me and say, "Mommy it's music, let's dance!" I am grateful that usually I agree. I love my memories of dancing with my dad when he got home from work or watching my parents do a quick two step around the room. I hope to build memories with my kids that they can look back on with fondness.
My challenge to those reading this is to go and dance. Either with your children, significant other or by yourself. Give yourself over to the music. I promise it will be one of the most memorable things you do today. You deserve, give in!





1 comment:
What a great thing to try. when my kids wake up
Post a Comment