I have always been blessed with good friends. They have helped me through many a bad times. But there have only been a few friends (outside my family) who have touched my life in extraordinary ways. The one I'd like to tell you about is one that sometimes I took for granted. We met at Ricks and she was instrumental in finding me a place to stay at Utah State University. She never made fun of me about my less endearing traits (ie talking lots and fast, inviting myself along, etc) Her family was nice to me when I would crash at their house for holidays. They took in both me and my brother. She and her roommates included me in all their activities. It was only years later that I realized how good they were to me. While others were good to me, but she always accepted me, never made me the brunt of a joke and was always there to comfort or stand up for me when others did make me the punchline to a joke. I have no fashion sense, never have, and this friend kindly helped teach me the basics. :) When she left for her mission was the first time I realized what life was like without her. Luckily her sister was around and she if fantastic as well. Their family is the perfect example of families and Christ-like love.
Yet again she showed her friendship while we were down visiting Utah. There are times when I am selfish. When I go on my vacation I love to see all my friends from Ricks and Utah State. But driving down from Canada and now having two kids can make it difficult for me to drive around to see everyone and so a part of me has always wanted people to say, "You've driven all this way from Canada, we've missed you so we are going to come and visit you." :) This wonderful friend emailed me before I left and said that she would meet me where ever I wanted, including driving up to Mantua. (A selfish dream come true!) We decided to meet half way and have dinner. It was so nice to sit and visit. (As much visiting as you can do when you have an infant and an active two year.)





1 comment:
Seriously this post made me cry!! You have been a great friend to me. I will never forget that you were the very first person who reached out to me back in our ward @ Ricks! I am so grateful that you have been my friend for the past 11 years! Next time I will come see you. I need to make it to Canada one of these days....
Post a Comment