I've mentioned before that Emily loves to collect rocks. She may have changed her mind.....
Yesterday she had a perfect afternoon playing with her cousins Zerric and Audrey. They ran around, played with trains, danced for Collin, played in the sprinkler, and ate cookies. It was idealic! My brother in law, Cade, was hosting a bbq and we were outside enjoying the great food and weather when it happened. Emily had been sitting on and pushing a little car around the yard. She leaned back to far and over she went. Which would have been fine except that she hit the back of her head on the rock border of their garden. By the time Landon got to her she had blood dripping down her little curls. That is something that I never want to relive again. One of the great things about having a brother in law in law enforcement is that pretty much everyone at the bbq was a cop and one of the spouses was medic. So as I held Emily to me, Landon and this woman looked though Emily's hair to find the cut. They eventually found two small cuts with a small goose egg between them. I HATE HEAD WOUNDS! Her shirt and curls were soaked in blood but the two wounds had already stopped bleeding by the time we found them. The woman recommended we take her to the hospital to check her for a concussion. So we said goodbye to Zerric, Janie and Cade (Audrey was still playing) and headed out with Emily in full blown temper tantrum. She thought that she should be allowed to go back outside and play with Zerric. She DID NOT want to get in the car. The next best thing about having a deputy in the family is that Cade told us where the accident on the highway was so we could avoid it. As we pulled out of the driveway we realized that we didn't have any gas. We stopped at the first gas station. By then the adreniline had worn off and we realized that Emily was fine and that if she had a concussion there wasn't anything anyone could do so we decided to drive through to Pocatello. (Which was our destination for the night already.) She hadn't had a nap all day and had been playing in the sun all afternoon so she fell asleep. I woke her every 15 minutes and when we arrived in Pocatello just over an hour later she woke herself up. With enough energy that I couldn't get her to sleep until after midnight. Today she is upset that I am making her have a bath. Rita and I got a few pictures on her camera. I will get her to post it on her later. If Emily survives this vacation it will be a miracle!





3 comments:
You are having a fun filled vacation!!! What would we do with out kids, we wouldn't have any exciting stories:)
Gee! I hope you guys survive the cabin! And I don't have a rock border and we sprayed all the wasps away at our house! :) Try to have fun anyway...and I'm sure Emily won't even remember all the bad things that happened just being with family and getting all that attention! :)
You'll need a vacation when you get home from this one!! :) Ahhh, kids!!
Post a Comment