Thursday, June 9, 2011

Good friends



I have been blessed with many good friends. But I just need to tip my hat to my friend Suzanne today. On Monday night I received a text from her asking me if I would like a free haircut. She has cut my hair since we moved here but as she is working part time and being six months pregnant with baby 3 I had stopped asking her because I knew she was feeling a little overwhelmed. I did agree to the free hair cut because I badly needed one and had been putting it off due to money a little tight until the end of the month. She told me that she wanted to repay me for looking after her kids the previous Saturday and for a few other things I had done. When I arrived Tuesday night she told me that she was concerned with how often I talked about how I was unhappy with how I looked. Specifically how I was frustrated with my weight and that I didn't find myself very pretty. She said that the thing that always put her in a good mood was a hair cut and colour. So she was going to do both for me for free. I had been having a rough day and it caught me off guard. She was worried that she had offended me but the truth was I didn't want to cry because it was such a nice gift. So we packed up her kids and Emily (who had come with me) and headed to the hair dressers store to pick up the few items she needed. She dyed it "mahogoney" with a few subtle blondish highlights. It is very dark now but looks quite red in the sun. I LOVE IT! I have always admired people whose hair is like this but have never had the guts or money to have it done. She then cut my hair, giving me back my bangs (Hallelujah!), and cutting the back short again. She is a genius with a pair of scissors and it looks fantastic as usual. I wasn't allowed to look in the mirror until she was done and I was taken back. I looked more grown up. More sophisticated. Incredible since I had no makeup on. :) When I got home all Landon could say was, "Well its different." It has taken a few days but he says it has grown on him and he loves it. Yesterday, every where I went, when I would see people i knew they would compliment me on my hair. I am still loving it and so grateful for Suzanne. Thank-you for being such a great friend.

5 comments:

Rita Peck said...

Your hair rocks. I love it and it makes me want to do mine. Hope it is the step up you needed. I think you already looked great. I would love to look as put together as you do every day. Truly

Unknown said...

Ooooo! I LOVE it! Dark rocks! :) I also love the cut. I can't get away with it that short and am always kinda jealous of it super cute and short in the back. You pull it off quite nicely! I am going to do a dark brown/purple next time I dye mine. :D TTYL

Unknown said...

Love the haircut!

Kenton and Haylee said...

LOVE THE NEW HAIR!!

Anonymous said...

I love your hair Tamara! You look fantastic!