Vauna and Mel kindly gave us their couch and love seat when we moved in here. They had just purchased new furniture. Landon grew up with this couch and love seat and was so excited to have them. One small problem: old furniture + my children = big problem. The first time my kids spilt anything I brought out my handy upholstery cleaner and tried to clean it. The material started to fall apart. Holes appeared. Not good. So I have tried to keep the kids out of her with food and drink. Yeah mostly worked. But yesterday Emily put her glass of juice on the couch and Collin ran at her (part of their game) and over the drink went. Tried to flip the cushions over after everything dried. A no go. So after pricing out the cost for new furniture we are looking at me spending my summer re-upholstering/slip covering the couch. I think I have found fabric I am in love with but not looking forward to pulling the whole thing off. Anyone want to come help me pull it off??????

**It was no small miracle to find a fabric both Landon and I loved. He is very particular and so am I. Unfortuneately we both like different things. I was moving away from flowers, even wanting a solid colour with fun colourful pillows. He was completely against it. So we found the following fabric that we both like. What do you think???** (It is Amy Butler Midwest Modurn)
2 comments:
I love the material! Can't wait to see it finished. You are one ambitious girl :).
I've heard it's one of those things that once you've done it it isn't as hard as you thought it was. ... that being said - you are brave! I would be scared. And I'm like you. I shy away from flowers, but if you both like the material that is no little thing so go with it!!! :) Chad and I have similar difficulties picking things out. Good luck! Can't wait to see the end results!
Post a Comment