Emily's picture she made for her dad.
Emily painted two cups. Collin one.
The labels say, "Pops, you are one suh-weet dude!
Landon woke up Father's Day morning to find his ipod touch and cellphone missing. My cell phone was also missing. Emily had struck again. She likes to wake up early and quietly tip toe into our room with the turtle stool from the bathroom. She places it next to the bed and quietly swipes items. She keeps going until she is caught. (Side note: Landon woke up from a nap Friday and put on his glasses. Except that it wasn't his glasses. Emily had taken his glasses and replaced them with her purple sunglasses. It was pretty funny.) She returned the items and then happily wished her father a Happy Father's Day. She ran to get Collin so that they could give their dad his gifts. They had made them on Thursday and had hid them so daddy couldn't see them. They both painted mugs and then filled the mugs with Landon's favourite candy. I had printed off a coupon book and labels for pop. Emily happily taped the labels over some yummy rootbeer and Vanilla Cream Soda bottles. Emily came up with great "coupons" for her dad. They included a "I Love You", "A Big Hug", "A song from Emily", and "A song from Collin". Some of the premade coupons were for 30 minutes of silence and 14 minutes of silence in the car. Landon laughed at those. Landon received a "For Daddy's eyes only" coupon book from me. :) Collin excitedly announced that we were going to make waffles and bacon for daddy and I got out of bed and we made them as a family. It was a lot of fun. Then Landon let me go back to sleep for 2 hours as I was up all night with my stupid cough. Collin is still not 100% better so he only went to sacrament meeting. Both Emily and Collin got up with the primary and nursery to sing "I'm so glad when Daddy Comes Home" at the front of the church. All you could see of Collin was his hair. Oh and Emily elbowing him when he stopped singing or doing the motions. Very cute. Landon found out that all the priesthood was singing "Ye Elders of Israel" for the intermediate hymn when we arrived at church. Joys of being in primary he doesn't know these things ahead of time. And I still made him go up and sing. :) Landon took Collin home after sacrament and Emily and I stayed. I ended up having another class join with us so I had 10 kids instead of 4. Not a big deal when you are used to teaching in school. Landon did feel a little bad. :) The primary handed out cute cupcakes with striped gum ties to the dads. I took Landon's home for him as he wasn't there. Emily drew Landon a picture of Landon with Emily and Collin on either side. I am in the background. The boys are in blue and girls in red. :) She is my little artist. I came home and made pork roast and mashed potatoes for dinner. Landon's favourite. It was a wonderful day. Landon is a wonderful husband and father. He is not perfect but he is perfect for our family. The kids love and adore him and so do I. Happy Father's Day Landon!
Friday when Maddy and Bodi came to play we made cupcakes with tie toppers. My kids ate all of theirs by Saturday night so at the last minute I made brownies for dessert. Mmmm!
Friday when Maddy and Bodi came to play we made cupcakes with tie toppers. My kids ate all of theirs by Saturday night so at the last minute I made brownies for dessert. Mmmm!
(And also Happy Father's Day to our wonderful dad's Pat and Mel. We love you and thank-you for the wonderful examples you have set!)





No comments:
Post a Comment