Thursday, June 9, 2011

Toilet Training

I did not know if i was up to toilet training Collin after all we had to go through with Emily. He had been showing the signs for toilet trianing for almost a month before I finished school for the summer. I started the first day I was off work. We had to buy a potty as the first time he sat on the toilet with a removable child's seat, it shifted and his finger was pinched. That was the end of him using that. Luckily Fred Meyer had a potty for $15. The first few days were a little frustrating because he would hold it in until nap or bedtime when we would put a pull up on him. But starting this last Saturday he caught on. At first it was only #1 (pee) that he would do on the potty. He wait until bedtime and a pull up was on for #2. But as of Tuesday he is doing both on the potty, with no reminders from mom and dad. He will be playing and suddenly say, "I have to go potty." And he will run upstairs and go. Only problem is that this only works if he has no pants or underwear on. This morning I put his "big boy" superhero underwear (that he picked out) on him and he had three accidents. So I figure that as long as we are at home he can run naked. Next week we will tackle the whole underwear thing. We are so proud of Collin. And Emily is having fun being the big sister and "helping" him empty his potty or clean up any #1 that may have missed the target. :) I will be mopping my bathroom floor every other day or even every day for awhile but I am loving not changing any diapers! My little baby is growing up!

2 comments:

Rachel Kingsley said...

So happy for you!!! That is huge :)

Rita Peck said...

Glad it is working so well for you. Still not sure I want to start