Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Fun

I am enjoying all this time home with my family. I have completed a few of my summer projects and so I am feeling pretty good. With Nic's help I was able to get wood on the top of my cupboards in the kitchen so I was able to decorate. I found some cute plates and a basket at DI for a total of $3.50 which helped finish up that part of my kitchen. My garage has been organized (well at least 75% of it) and now there is more room and I don't feel like it will come crashing down on me. Our downstairs craft/office needs one more bookcase and I will cautiously announce it is organized. (Not decorated by organized.) I have been trying to do something fun with the kids each day. We have settled into a little bit of a pattern. We go to the cheap theatre every Friday for a movie. ( I bought two summer movie passes for $7.50 and we will get to see 12 movies. Collin is free and we have 4 guest passes so Landon can sometimes tag along.) There is free lunch for the kids in the park everyday. The weather has been a little yucky but it has been fun to go the few times we braved it. It is storytime at the library on Wednesdays. Emily goes to that while Collin and I sit on the pillows and read books. I signed Emily up for the emergent readers book club which will allow her to work towards earning a free book. She has to complete 10 tasks off of the list from the library to earn it. We are both excited as it gives us ideas for activities. We try and play in the yard when the weather is nice. We bought a family pass to the zoo in Pocatello and the kids are loving that. It will also get us into the Idaho Falls zoo so we plan to head up there one of these days and visit it. We can also use it to get into the Salt Lake City Hogle Zoo for 50% off so we hope to go there once or twice this summer. We are waiting to hear if I got the teaching position in Powell River. If I receive the job than we will be heading up there for the month of July. Emily is so excited to go to the beach. We hope to visit for the first week of July just to get a few things done. It is shaping up to be a really fun summer!

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

It has been pretty fun even with the crummy weather. Just wait till it gets nice and we can have water parties and play at the zoo. we just signed Tyson and russ up for the free bowling too. Man our kids get to do lots of fun