Monday, June 13, 2011

Family Filled Weekend

(Gary, Collin, Naomi and Emily Sunday morning)


We had such a fun weekend!


Friday the kids and I headed off to see Mars Needs Moms at the cheap theatre at 10 am. (Loved the movie. I loved how it had a profamily theme. As in the importance of moms and dads.) Then we went to the park for the free lunch. We came home and I tried to get the kids down for a nap. No go. Thursday night Rita and I had decided to throw Naomi a bridal shower. A few people had said they were coming to the last minute party so Friday afternoon Rita and I headed out to pick up some treats and decorations. I got home with enough time to put together the little thank-you for coming favours and then Naomi and Gary arrived. Chaos reigned for about 45 minutes as the kids were so excited to see Naomi. After dinner the guys headed to our house to play guitar hero and I took Naomi to the store to pick up cupcakes so Rita could put together the room for the surprise. Only two people made it to the shower, Katie and Becca, but we had a great time visiting. The kids were more than happy to eat the food. :) The boys came back eventually and we read scriptures, said prayers and Rita's kids went off to bed. My kids fell asleep on the couch watching a movie. (Collin took an impromptu anp at 6:30 for an hour so he took awhile to fall asleep.) While the kids slept the three couples played a few games, laughed, and talked until we were all tired. It was a lot of fun to hang out and get to know Gary. (Who is pretty awesome by the way. Totally perfect for Naomi.)





Saturday Emily and I headed up to watch Nic finish his 10K race. We arrived a little late so we actually missed it but we sat we them for the award presentations at the end. I ran Emily home and then Rita and Naomi picked me up. We headed to Distribution Center to pick out Naomi's temple dress. She looked so beautiful it was really hard to keep from crying. I am so very proud of my little sister and excited for her and Gary. We did some shopping at Deseret Book and then around the mall. Naomi wanted to pick up some longer shorts and there were some great sales. I ended up picking up some shirts from Aeropostale because they were a screaming deal. I made one into a maternity shirt for my friend. We were ablet o find a temple bag for Naomi at TJ Maxx's. I really want to go back and get a cute one for myself! We went for lunch at Great Harvest and picked up everything I needed for the BBQ. I went home and made potato salad (Thank-you Rachel for your delicious recipe!) and cut up vegetables for the dip. I had made a "watermelon ice cream cake" earlier in the morning. I had made one for my sister in law Janie's birthday when she had come up to Canada. Really easy to make and delicious. I had that and watermelon for dessert.





Around 5:30 Landon's cousin Dustin and his family arrived. We were so excited that they stopped by to see us on their way home from Idaho Falls. We haven't see them in forever and we have really missed them. I love Missy and Landon loves to sit and laugh with Dustin. (They are about as close to perfect as you can get. :)) Rita and her family plus Gary and Naomi arrived a few minutes later. Rita's kids were close in age to Missy and Dustin's boys so it was really fun. Nic bbq'd up all the burgers and hot dogs while I got the table set up outside. Missy had brought chips and Rita had brought some chips and apple & candy bar salad. Lots of yummy food was consumed while the kids ran around and played. I do like having a fenced yard. The kids ran their razer scooters up and down the side walk in front of the house while the adults visited. I loved how Missy's twins got out their books an read for the last half of the visit. It reminded me of me at that age. And now as well. :) We were able to give Dustin and Missy a tour of the house which was fun. I never thought we would get to own our own home and this one is beautiful. I love to share it with others. The visit was too short and soon they had to be on their way home. At the same time Rita, her family, Naomi and Gary all headed home. We gave our love and hugs to Naomi and Gary because we figured we wouldn't see them before they left for Alberta. They surprised us by stopping by Sunday morning to say good bye. My kids love both Naomi and Gary. We are so excited to go up in a couple of weeks and celebrate with them as they are sealed for time and all eternity! It is so wonderful to spend time with family. We look forward to seeing Naomi and Gary in a few weeks and hopefully Dustin and Missy again too!

No comments: