When I got home from work (the day of the infamous pity party) Emily and Collin wanted to go outside and play. It was a gorgeous day so I agreed. Collin wanted to go out onto the porch but Emily wanted to go to the beach and have a tea party. I told her that since the backyard is still a swamp full of water that I figured the porch was like a beach. I agreed to bring out blankets and toys to the porch so she agreed to the compromise. (The beach is five minutes away but the thought of packing the kids up was enough to make me tired.) We had a great time. Emily and I wore our sun glasses and Collin kept throwing the toys into the watery grass. Yep he is definitely a boy. I had to make sure the toys were too big to fit through the slats of the porch because he really wanted to drop them through them. Since a family of raccoons live down there I was not a fan of having to go under there to retrieve. :) We had a wonderful time. The tea party ended with the Elders stopping by. Elder Dayton has been transferred to Kamloops and he wanted to say goodbye. We will miss him but he promises to give us a call if he ends up attending BYU-Idaho. It was a perfect ending to a day that didn't have the best start. (And yes, more often than not my children look like ragamuffins. Such cute children should have been born to a mother that would make sure they always look presentable.)
Friday, April 30, 2010
Tea Party at the Beach
When I got home from work (the day of the infamous pity party) Emily and Collin wanted to go outside and play. It was a gorgeous day so I agreed. Collin wanted to go out onto the porch but Emily wanted to go to the beach and have a tea party. I told her that since the backyard is still a swamp full of water that I figured the porch was like a beach. I agreed to bring out blankets and toys to the porch so she agreed to the compromise. (The beach is five minutes away but the thought of packing the kids up was enough to make me tired.) We had a great time. Emily and I wore our sun glasses and Collin kept throwing the toys into the watery grass. Yep he is definitely a boy. I had to make sure the toys were too big to fit through the slats of the porch because he really wanted to drop them through them. Since a family of raccoons live down there I was not a fan of having to go under there to retrieve. :) We had a wonderful time. The tea party ended with the Elders stopping by. Elder Dayton has been transferred to Kamloops and he wanted to say goodbye. We will miss him but he promises to give us a call if he ends up attending BYU-Idaho. It was a perfect ending to a day that didn't have the best start. (And yes, more often than not my children look like ragamuffins. Such cute children should have been born to a mother that would make sure they always look presentable.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
what fun. lets not talk about presentable kids as mine rarely are. Hence lack of pictures but I thought heh this is their childhood and they need to remember their mother's lack of attention on hair and clothing. Sigh. I always thought my children would be well groomed but they seem bound and determined to be free willed and wild looking
Post a Comment