This last weekend we had the chance to go down and go through the open house for the Vancouver Temple. It was GORGEOUS! I saw some fabric on chairs that I want to have in my house. :) Emily loved it. As we pulled up in the bus that takes you up (if you park in the overflow) Emily looked out the window and said, "Mom I see the temple." (It was actually a church house but still cute) My Grandma Knoll, Aunt Margaret, Aunt Aileen, Jacob and my grandma's friend Jean were all able to come with us. (Plus my parents and Steve.) Since the others are not members it was great to hear their comments. I loved how they incorporated British Columbia into it. The murals were of the area around the temple and the Dogwood flowers were incorporated into everything. (For those who don't know, the Dogwood is BC's flower.) The Celestial room was breath taking. It truly is such a beautiful place and there is a special spirit there. It was incredibly busy but still a great experience. (We learned later that over 5000 people visited on Saturday) Emily loved it (Collin wanted lunch). I am so grateful that we were able to go as a family. I recommend a visit to the temple to anyone who is in the area. The open house continues until this Saturday. Here are some pictures we took afterwards.
My Aunt Aileen and Me

Our group (minus Aileen and Jake)

Our family with the temple in the background

Emily and Mommy

The front of the temple
2 comments:
Mom said it was beautiful. WIsh we could have come up to see it.
I also loved the upholstery choices, and the Beautiful BC theme.
Post a Comment