Monday, April 5, 2010

Conference Weekend

I love General Conference! I love having a chance to get a spiritual refill. And this time around it was MUCH needed. The talks seemed to be written just for me. And the kids actually behaved for the majority of the four sessions so that I could enjoy it too! Between morning and afternoon sessions on Saturday all the kids decorated eggs and we had a quick Easter egg hunt plus a potluck lunch. So much fun! I spent Saturday evening finishing up Emily and my mom's Easter skirts. I had finished Naomi's a few days earlier and Ashley and Sariah's the night before. Time to take some time off of sewing clothes. I need to get Collin's quilt made for his bed. Back to conference... Sunday was wonderful. The missionaries scheduled a baptism for between sessions. It was wonderful to welcome Rayn Olsen into the church. I remember when her mom joined when I got out of high school. It has been nice to renew our friendship as she has started coming back to church. The potluck that followed was fantastic and then another great session. It doesn't get much better than that. I am so grateful for my little family. Especially for my husband who sees shares my vision of what we want our family to be; an eternal family. He offers me support in my pursuit to become a better mother. I am so grateful for a prophet who stands at the head of our church and leads and guides us.

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

I agree conference was so amazing. I came out feeling like I can do this and with a game plan. Loved it