When Emily gets upset it is hard for her to calm herself. Part of our routine is to wrap her in her blanket then she and I do deep breathing for the count of 10. She doesn't usually join me until the last few but she know that we keep going until there are no more tears and she has started breathing as well. A few weeks ago I was really upset. The kids were destroying the house while yelling at each other as loud as they could. They weren't mad at each other. Just yelling. I thought I was going to go insane. Very loudly I yelled, "Be quiet or go to your room!" Emily stopped yelling, walked over to me and said, "Mommy deep breaths." She then started to take big breaths and count to five. I started to giggle and joined the breathing. By the time she got to five we were both laughing and I gave her a big hug and thanked her for helping me remember to breathe. It was so cute! Then a few minutes ago Collin was crying. I picked him up and Emily came walking over to us. She said, "Coyin, deep breaths." And she started deep breathing. Collin stopped crying and grinned at her. I joined in the breathing but was corrected because I was doing it wrong. I guess the right way sounds an awful lot like Lamaze. I promise Emily was not in the delivery room. :)
I love my daughter.
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Too cute. Glad she is learning how to calm herself down. That an important thing to know. Most adults haven't figured that one out
I love when they throw the good things you do back at you and hate when they do the worst things you do! Sounds like you are doing an amazing job- even in the worst of moments!
Post a Comment