Friday, April 23, 2010

The Wonderful, Awesome Tyson


I have the best nephew ever. His name is Tyson.

Yesterday Emily was looking at the pictures we took at the temple last weekend and she decided that we should go back. Like right then. No excuses. It was very cute because she kept telling me why we should go. Since its six hours and two ferry rides away I said that we would drive by and see it another day. Then she noticed a picture of Cassie, my niece. So she decided that if she couldn't go to the temple she needed to go play at Cassie's house. Right then. No excuses. Well since Cassie lives in Idaho we live in BC I said no. I talked about how we would see Cassie this summer. Emily asked to call Cassie on the phone. So I called but Cassie was busy so she really wasn't participating in the telephone conversation. Emily kept saying, "Hi Cassie. (pause) I can't do it. I can't talk to Cassie." (Because she wasn't getting a response.) I told Emily we would call back another time. She was very sad and asked if she could talk to Tyson. So I called Idaho again. Tyson was gracious and said that he would talk to her. For a good couple of minutes Emily walked around the house babbling away to her cousin. Sometimes she would stop and listen and then start talking again. She told him about how she wanted to go to the temple but mom had said no. And about wanting to play with Cassie. And other stuff that I couldn't understand. She finally said goodbye and I chatted for a little while with Tyson. Emily was on cloud nine for the rest of the night. Thanks Tyson for making her night.

No you can't have him, he's my nephew. Rita and Nic you are doing a great job in raising a wonderful little man.

No comments: