Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Mommy I want go to the temple."

During sacrament meeting (while in time out) Emily spotted a picture of the Vancouver temple. She turned to me and said, "Mommy, there's the temple." She looked at it for a minute and then said, "Mommy, I want go to the temple." I told her that it was a long car ride away. She said, "I like the car. Lets go in car to the temple. I love the temple."

The long hours in the car, the cost of the hotel room and ferry trip disappeared from my mind. My daughter loves the temple.

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

IT is amazing how children love it. My kids keep asking to go back too. I had each kid tell me their favorite part of going to the temple and wrote it down for each of the open houses we went too. Glad I did cause neither they or I remember anymore

Deborah said...

Those are the moments that melt moms :) You are such a great mom to be teaching her to love the important things in life.