Thursday, April 29, 2010

Yesterday was a pity party morning. Things have started to unravel in regards to our move and so I let the stress and disappointments over ride me yesterday while standing in the shower with hot water pouring over my head and face. I thought that it would allow me to let everything go and feel better. Not so much. Instead I spiraled into an even larger pity party. So I headed into the bedroom to vent to my wonderful spouse thinking if I said my concerns out loud they would magically disappear. Nope, just left two of us feeling overwhelmed. Has this ever happened to you? Where one annoying thing spirals into nothing is going right? It started with not having a job yet to not having enough money to move, to not having enough money to finish the process of getting a work visa to not having anywhere to move into to why does it matter if we move nobody will care. It spiraled to my struggles with losing this last 12 pounds to being a horrible house cleaner to those are the reasons that nobody wants to come and visit and so forth. Even into all the reasons I am not a good mom, wife or friend. Yep spiraled right out of control. As I drove to work I became angry that nobody cares enough to visit us that we are expected to make all the sacrifices to keep friendships going, etc. And then a quiet gentle reminder that I wasn't completely right. I have had some wonderful people in my life sacrifice to come and see me. The first example that popped into my mind was Todd & Bob Saunders and Alicia who all drove through the night to be there for me at my wedding reception in Canada. They didn't even stay for a full 48 hours. And then the names of those who have visited us came flooding into my mind. Rita and family, Becca and family, Janie, Mel and Vauna, Ashlee, Erik and Nykki (plus family), Jeremiah and Susanne (plus family), Susan and Jan, Auntie Margie, Grandma Knoll, Auntie Ruth, Uncle Lynol, Stephanie and Tye, Roberta, Belinda, Kristina, Brian and family, John and Diane (plus family), Bonnie.... the list goes on. Sure many of them were here to visit their parents or my parents but they took time out of the their schedule to see me. I realized that life goes on and everyone has struggles. It is not up to me to decide if people's priorities are correct. I need to only worry about my self. Suddenly all of my stress and disappointments felt lighter. They were still there but I knew that I wasn't alone in shouldering them. I have incredible parents who have stood next to me and offer me support without me having to ask. They help us out so much. I hope to emulate them as my children get older. I am grateful to all of my family and friends who have shown us love and support. I am sorry that I may forget about it momentarily during my pity parties but I want to thank-you. Now I need to take that step into the unknown and remember that this is what we are to do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yup, i'm guilty of doing the same thing.

Rita Peck said...

Totally been there teh last few days. I htae the unknown but I always think of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. There is always someone there to help though it is terrifying to see where we are to go and do. Love you and we care deeply that you come. My kids are talking all the time about you coming to live here. Miss you sis and hope things start turning around.

Deborah said...

Oh Tamara - I sooooo can relate to this post. I have pity party spiral out moments all the time! Moving just brings every emotion imaginable to to the forefront. Our last big move was a major nightmare for me....hang in there! Hey you are so AWESOME to make sacrifices and continue friendships. We adore your family and sooooo very much appreciate how you have remained friends with us. We will come and visit you when you get a little closer! ...and don't stress over the housekeeping stuff. You are an awesome mom, and in the end it is better to spend some time with your kids than to clean up the clutter. Keep having fun and say boooofoooo to all that nonimportant cleaning junk :)