I am not a huge chocolate fan.
Certain chocolate bars I love but chocolate cake, brownies, chocolate icing, etc, were not a big part of my life until I met Landon. He is the opposite of me. I have slowly started eating more chocolate because of him. Yes I blame him. :) Now caramel and pecans on the other hand have always been an addiction to me. Mmmmm. I love going to Dairy Queen and getting their Turtle Blizzard. As long as there is not a lot of chocolate in it I am in heaven. (I know many of you are so good at eating healthy and organic and I really admire you. One day I will be just like you but right now, mmmm ice cream...) I found this recipe the other day and thought, "Something for both Landon and myself." It is heaven! I am going to share this wonderful recipe so that you chocoholics have one more dessert. :) And I will admit that what I really love is that I get to use chocolate cake mix so that its basically no fail and quick!
Easy Turtle Bars
1 package chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1 jar (12 oz) caramel ice cream topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 13x9 inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
2. Combine cake mix, butter, and milk in large bowl; stir until well blended. Press half of mixture into prepared pan.
3. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until crust begins to form. Carefully remove from oven. Sprinkle chocolate chips and half of pecans over partially baked crust. Drizzle with caramel topping. Drop spoonfuls of remaining cake batter over caramel mixture; sprinkle with remaining pecans.
4. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. (Caramel center will be soft.) Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Enjoy!
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
My mother in law has a quick recipe to make turtles in the oven and they sound really good though I have never made them
That sounds really good! I hope you don't think we're super healthy over here. Yes, we're eating organic meat, but a little chocolate never hurt anyone. :)
Or a LOT of chocolate!!!
Post a Comment