Sunday, May 17, 2009

After Church Bliss

I stole the title for this blog from my friend Rachel. It just fit our afternoon so well that I had to.... sorry Rachel. :)

Sunday mornings are crazy around here since Landon has meetings before church. He is usually gone by 7:30. It is hit and miss on how well the morning will go, no matter how much prep I do the night before. The joy of children. But after church, oh the bliss. Emily usually falls asleep on the ride home and will nap for up to 2 hours. Collin will usually fall asleep and if he doesn't I feed him and voila sleeping baby. It is the only time that my kids nap at the same time. Landon and I were able to enjoy peace and quiet. We even got to eat lunch together and talk! :) When Emmy woke up we took a walk up to Sunset Park. It was a perfect day. Sun was out and it was the perfect temperature outside. We had a great time on the swings and climbing on the play equipment. The walk home was relaxing and Emily even got out of the stroller and walked with us for part of the way. The rest of our day has just been hanging out as a family. What could be better?!

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

Days like those make you wish it was like Ground Hog Day and you could repeat it a few times in a row before reality comes.

Rachel Kingsley said...

Ohhhh, I'm so glad you had some bliss today too!!! Seriously, Sunday mornings are mostly mayhem around here, too - no matter how much prep we do the night before!