Friday, May 8, 2009

Immunizations, oh what fun!

Collin received his two month immunizations yesterday. He weighed in at 11 lbs 5 oz. I totally forgot to give him his tylenol before we went. I was a little worried about it because I had a doctors appointment afterwards and I could just see him being really cranky. Nope he was a perfect content baby. He cried during the shots but as soon as I fed him he went back to normal. Emily on the other hand must have decided he should be cranky so she did it for the both of them. :) Later in the afternoon Collin started to get really cranky and the tylenol is what got us through the night. I guess it was just the Lord blessing me with a happy baby until I could get home and deal with it.

Landon has been suffering from a lot of lower back pain and has been talking about wanting to have Dr. Jubb (my old family doctor who "retired" 6 years ago) to do some acupuncture on him. It always did wonders for my parents and so he wanted to see if it would help. We just didn't know how to contact him. Or how much we would have to pay because we were sure it wasn't covered by BC medical. During my doctor's appointment I asked our family doctor, Dr. Hocking, about it. She told me that he works out of their office twice a week helping call ins with pain management, etc. I just had to call on the day he was there because appointments were first come, first served. He happened to be there yesterday and as I was leaving the room I ran into him. He was teasing me about attending an 80's dance this weekend (and wishing that Naomi was here because she is so nice and an awesome dancer....) telling me he even got himself a wig. He is hilarious! Anyways I mentioned Landon and he said that he would sneak him in as soon as he finished with the patient he was working with. The great thing is because he is not just an acupuncturist but also a family physician it just goes in the computer as a doctors appointment so it was fully covered. He told Landon that if it was a bulging disc that acupuncture wouldn't touch the pain but that he thought Landon had pulled a ligament in his lower back. So he did some points around the spine and then his syatic nerve. Landon was so excited, he can now pick up Emily without pain! YEAH! Then Dr. Jubb "tattoed" (drew in permanent marker) the spot for the syatic nerve. I'm to do it once a day. He showed me how. I'd done it in high school on my dad as well. I'm excited.

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

Good luck to Landon. Hope his back stays better. Can't believe Collin already outweighs maggie

nlowe said...

That's great to hear it helped Landon's back! Hope it stays better for him!