Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sunshine Fun

To celebrate TWO days in a row of warm spring weather, I decided to walk up to a local park yesterday with Emily and Collin and have a picnic. We called and invited my sister-in-law Ashley, Ethan and Sariah to join us for the walk and picnic. At the last minute Matt got off work early and joined us at the park. The kids were so excited to be outside with no sweaters or jackets on. Ashley and I carried up the infants in front packs while the toddlers were in umbrella strollers. The walk seemed like a great idea until we were half way up the hill to Sunset Park. Half way up we were wondering if our legs would make it. I now know how out of shape I am. (Bring on the cardio workouts!) I may walk up that hill daily carrying a nine pound weight and pushing a 25 pound weight. :) I would be in shape fast! The kids loved climbing up on the equipment and swinging on the swings. Uncle Matt as always was a big hit. The kids did not want to sit down long enough to eat lunch. Collin slept as long as he was in the front pack. Enjoy a few pictures.


3 comments:

Rita Peck said...

What fun. We will have to go to that park when we are there. If it is sunny.

Kenton and Haylee said...

How fun! We had one really nice day this week and were able to play in the sunshine as well! But sadly cold weather moved in again. Poor kids! The sunshine and warmth just isnt stating long enough and I so wish it would!

Rachel Kingsley said...

Doesn't the sun make such a difference? I love it! Collin is growing so fast.