Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So I will admit. It is my pride that has kept me from posting any pictures of our house. :) I've had some requests to know what the house and yard look like. Generally it is so falling apart we could be the site for a horror movie. You know the houses set far back from anything that are falling apart. Our landlord's daughters informed me that they think it looks like the house from Jeepers Creepers. Never seen the movie so I can't confirm that or not. :) But since it is spring, and the swamp that is our yard during the winter has receded, I have decided that I am going to do some yard work and make it look nicer. Supposedly our landlords are redoing the roof, windows and siding. I am not holding my breath but I can at least make the yard look welcoming. :) As I started working on the front area I found out that under the grass is a sidewalk up to our front door. Its pretty useless in the winter because the front yard is buried under an inch of water. (The backyard is more like 2 inches, hence the lovely skunk cabbage growing in the back yard.) But I love that I was able to uncover the sidewalk. I started taking pictures before I finished uncovering the side walk. I discovered that under the high grass is a miniture rose bush plus a couple of other flowering plants and some pretty ground cover. It is going to take some work but I am enjoying it. I try to spend a couple of hours a day because the weather is so beautiful right now. The kids come outside with me. Emily runs around while Collin is in his swing. My dad is coming over tonight to make a nicer ramp, and to put up a chain link fence around our porch. That way Emily can go outside to play while I make dinner. I will post pictures once I am done. But for now here is a look at our home (which we absolutely love!) I've included pictures of the skunk cabbage and footprints from our frequent visitors (raccoons and bears).

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Home Sweet Home
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

It is so green. The house doesn't look that bad. I can't wait to see what you do with the yard

Kenton and Haylee said...

What a cute house! That area looks so fun and like Rita said, so GREEN! It's beautiful. I can't wait to see it all finished!