Sunday, July 19, 2009
I am definately not a teenager
I came up with a "great" idea last Tuesday around dinner time. I asked my sister in law if she wanted to pretend to be teenagers again and go to the premiere of Harry Potter 6 at the theatre. We would have to wait in line to get some of the last 50 tickets that they were selling at the door. She enthusiastically agreed with me. Then we got approval from our husbands (which wasn't as enthusiastic which should have been the first sign.) Ashley, Collin and I arrived at the theatre at 9pm. One of the joys of living in a small town is that we didn't have to come earlier. We were numbers 23 and 24 by my calculations. After talking to Ann (the owner) about how our babysitter didn't arrive until 10, etc she agreed to let us each get two tickets so that our husbands could go with us. Matt arrived at 10:30 and Landon around 11. By this time we were both feeling our age (24 and 29). The smoking, swearing, giggling and other teenage behaviours made us realize we are SO grateful not to be teenagers anymore. I had to disappear around to the garden area of the theater to feed Collin. We weren't the only parents there but we were definitely a minority. By the time to movie started Landon was starting to fall asleep. (We had only gotten home 24 hours earlier.) :) I really liked the movie as did my brother. Landon kept dozing off but he liked what he saw. Ashley found the storyline a little choppy. And we have all decided that we are too old to stay up this late. But who knows, check back with me when they release Harry Potter 7.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
That is hilarious. I was just talking with a couple from our ward who went last night and looked exhausted cause the movie ended at 1 AM. WE are so old
Post a Comment