A big thanks to my sister in law who lent me her van today so that I could get to my appointments!
Landon had to work today so I got the kids ready by 9:15 and out the door to catch the bus. Emily was so excited to ride the bus because its been almost a month. We got off and walked to Ashley and Matt's home. Emily and Ethan had fun playing for a little while. When I told Emily it was time to go and see Grandma and Papa, Ethan wanted to come too so I said Why not? Ashley had taken Emily on Tuesday so I could unpack so why not return the favor. We drove to town and went for a walk over to Rona with all three kids in the stroller. I LOVE MY STROLLER! After a short visit we headed for Collin's immunizations. He did pretty well. He was more mad that I wouldn't breastfeed until after the shots than actually getting the two shots. Emily and Ethan played with the toys while we were in getting the shots. (Rachel you will appreciate this next part) The public health nurse said that she can tell he isn't getting enough tummy time because he is starting to get a flat head and that I need to do more tummy time or else he will have difficulty crawling. Also she commented on the fact that I am going back to work and how that is going to negatively impact my breastfeeding. Yeah more guilt about going back to work!
Landon came in just after I finished breastfeeding and we headed to the doctors office. Collin had a four month checkup and she was checking us all because of the accident. Here are the results:
1. Collin weighs 14lbs 10 oz (25th percentile rank, since he has gone down in percentiles I have to go back in the month to check to see if it continues.)2. Collin's height is 26.8 in (67cm 90th percentile rank) - so I guess he isn't going to be short and stocky which I've been asked twice
3. Perfect health, strong neck and core muscles. His left leg is a little more bowed than the right but still in the normal range, I'm supposed to make sure that he doesn't put his weight on his legs until he is 6 months just in case. No jolly jumper until then. So much fun since he always wants to stand. :)
4. Emily got a clean bill of health from the accident. Landon has a referral to a chiropractor because of the discomfort in his back. I have a referral to a massage therapist because my neck is stiff on one side and my shoulders are stiff still. Plus I'm to continue taking Tylenol for the headache. Oh why does Jeremiah (our favourite chiropractor) have to be in Utah!!!
Ethan and Emily were good at the doctors as well. They have loved being together again. We went to Mowat Bay with Ashley, Ethan and Sariah yesterday. Ethan and Emily loved being in the water. My dad got off work early and took Matt, Ethan, Emily and I out for a quick ride in his boat. Then he drove the boat to Haywire to pull some family friends around in the tubes. Matt is fixing his basement up for the missionaries that are coming to town. So we had a potluck picnic at their house. Matt, Landon and dad worked on the bathroom while we took the kids to the park. I'll post pictures later.





3 comments:
What a fun day. I love how they lay on guilt trips on parents. I would like to see any of them being perfect parents.There isn't a time I go that I don't hear about something else I am not doing to be mother of the year.
Agreed, haha!! I don't think it's any of their business what you decide to do, work-wise. Confession: I don't think Lauren ever had "tummy time". I'm so grateful, I found this health nurse who is totally old school, she is really nice and minds her own business. She even compliments my babies **shocker** - wish they could all do that! I mean, clearly there is a difference between a crack mom and a normal, imperfect mom. They need to be able to differentiate. Anyways, I'm just ranting now! :)
Those terrible BC public health nurses! We are much nicer in Alberta!
Post a Comment