Friday, November 21, 2008

Ultrasound News!

We went in for the ultrasound on Tuesday. Emily came with us which made it a unique experience. I remember her ultrasound and it was neat to have her there to hear the heartbeat and see pictures. She was more concerned for me and had to hold my hand to make sure I was okay. I have to say I think that we have the greatest ultrasound technician in the world. Others think he's too formal but I think he is hilarious. He always tells me the funniest stories and gives lots of details about what I am seeing. He and Landon will sit and talk about the different bones, etc. At the beginning of the ultrasound he looked a little perplexed and announced he would be redoing the measurements. I asked why and he said that it wasn't all adding up. That made me a little worried and so I looked up on monitor and noticed it said I was only 21 weeks 4 days. That was not cool because I was sure I was 24 weeks and 3 days. So I calmly asked what wasn't measuring up. He said that my previous ultrasound would have put me at 21 weeks and 4 days but the baby's measurements said that it was wrong. He asked what the doctor thought my due date was. I said Dr. Human thought I was 23 weeks and the due date was March 15th; but that I thought I was 24 weeks and 3 days; and the due date was March 8th. He laughed as he inputed March 8th as the due date. My date was dead on for the baby's measurements. (FYI the head is measuring smaller than the rest which means it looks like I have another child who loves me. Emily was the same way!) So I was right! I beat out two professionals. I love being the mom! The baby is healthy and everything is well into the "what we want to see" range. This baby is definately not as active as Emily but the technician told me that he would place my baby as being in the "very active" category. I guess that would have put Emily in the "extremely active" category. :) Lucky me!

For Landon's sake I went to the technician and asked if he knew the sex of the baby. I told him, "My husband, for some reason, is more worried about finding out the sex of the baby this time. He wants to know if you know...." The technician laughed and asked, "Are you asking me if I know or if I will tell you?" He continued (with a chuckle), "I am in possession of such knowledge and (pause) I am not allowed to share that information with you. You can tell your husband, though, that he shouldn't be so worried this time." Poor Landon. I told him that he could take that two ways, either he won't have to worry about spending more money on clothes, its another girl OR that the technician thinks that he is one of those guys that really wants to have a son. Landon figures we are back at square one. The answer was too cryptic. Feel free to cast your vote on our poll (on the blog) on what you feel the sex of the baby will be. :) Landon still thinks its a boy and I think its a girl. :) One of us will be wrong because for sure there is only one baby!

The ultrasound picture will be ready for us to pick up early next week and then I will get it posted.

1 comment:

Luscher Family said...

If Landon is that curious he might try asking Dr. Human, the tech might not be able to tell you but they usally write it on the ultrasound report. Our doctors always let us know. Just a thought. Congrats on the great scan, and we can't wait to see new pictures