Friday, November 28, 2008
Hockey Night in Powell River
Tonight was the annual Teddy Bear Toss at the Powell River Kings Hockey Game (BCJHL). Rona sponsers the event so we go every year to help out. (For those that don't know, Rona is the store my dad is the general manager for.) For those unfamiliar with the event, when the Kings score their first goal of the night, everyone in the audience is to throw new Teddy Bears or any stuffed animal onto the ice. The staff and friends of Rona go out on the ice and collect up the bears to donate them to different organizations. (ie: Christmas Wish, Salvation Army, police and fire departments who give them to children who have witnessed or been through a tramatic event.) We took Emily last year but she and Ethan didn't fully grasp the concept because well they weren't even one yet. But this year was a whole new hockey game. :) Emily LOVED it! I left my camera in the car, unfortunately, because there would have been some funny pictures. There is a fan called Crazy Pete who bangs a drum and yells alot. At first she was scared of him but then she decided he was funny. She started to yell at the players on the ice when they were in front of her. Whenever the music came on, she would dance and laugh. She was just loving the excitement and energy. Whenever someone would check another player into the boards, she would call out, "Ohhh, owie." When the Kings scored the goal, we were all piling onto the ice, and Emily tried to go on without Landon or I. That would have spelled disaster. We quickly put her in her stroller and headed on out. I used the stroller so I wouldn't fall. :) I passed her one of the teddy's to hold while Landon and I hurridly filled three and half garbage bags, plus filled the stroller. When we handed them to my mom, to put in the back of the truck, Emily had this look on her face of why are you taking it from me. She loved being out on the ice. She kept pointing at it after the game started again, asking her dad to take her back out. We only stayed for the first period because it was her bed time but she would have stayed all night! Crazy Pete even let her beat on his drum. All I know is that the baby in my belly was dancing to the music with Emily. I was pretty sore by the time the whole thing was done. :) Next year, it might not be so easy to pry her away from the game. My daughter is a bit of a party animal! (She must be related to her Aunt Nomi) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
How cool. My boys would love to go to a hockey game
I miss Hockey.
oh man now I miss powell river, sounds like you had a blast.
Post a Comment