Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Singing Emily

At church today, Emily decided to showcase her vocal skills. :) During the opening hymn, "I Believe in Christ," Emily was so caught up in the music and singing that she sang as loud as she could. Meaning absolutely everyone in the room could hear her over the piano and everyone else singing. :) At first I didn't think anyone noticed, and then I noticed the grin on my mom's face. Huge grin. The second verse started and Emily got louder. I started to giggle, which got my mom giggling. Then I look up and Landon, Matt and my dad are on the stand with huge goofy grins on their faces. (By the end of the song Landon and Matt were trying to hold back the laugher.) She would hold out the last note a little longer than the rest of the congregation and then sing the next verse louder! By the end of the song I had tears in my eyes, from laughing. She was LOVING the song. It has always been one of my favourite hymns but now it will always hold a special place in my heart. After the prayer, Matt was announcing the rest of the meeting and he said that Emily was probably singing with the concorses of angels at the Saviour's birth. (Because of her enthusiastic singing.) And that she was definately a Hull. (We all sing with ferver.) Emily was oblivious to the whole thing! She was quite surprised to see me watching her and giggling. I love my daughter. This is the second week in a row that she sat reverently throughout Sacrament meeting. A new record! She wasn't able to make it through the closing prayer but hey I wasn't expecting a miracle, she is only 22 months!
Here are a couple of fun pictures from last Sunday and today. Emily has decided that Barbie and her teddies should have their picture taken. Not herself. So enjoy her entourage!


Emily was adament about which necklace to wear to church and that she wear her slippers (boots from Old Navy). It turned out rather cute. She has potential! She was also adament that Barbie be in the picture. When asked to put Barbie in the diaper bag so we could leave for church, Emily put in Barbie and two other dolls!



Emily with Barbie (big surprise), Elmo (another big surprise) and teddy bear.


I was surprised to find that she agreed to put on a dress so easily this morning. As soon as the last button was done up she ran and got her wings from Halloween. She just had to wear them. I forgot to tell Landon I take them off in the car and she forgets about them by the time we get to church so she ended up wearing them for Sacrament meeting. I took them off before nursery though. :)

Me and my beautiful daughter.


3 comments:

Bonnie said...

That's fun. I can't wait to hear her at Christmas.

Kenton and Haylee said...

Emmy is so sweet! The pictures are adorable. I love the one of you two together. You are both beautiful! Can't wait to see you all very soon :).

Rita Peck said...

Love the story. She looks so cute. Can't wait to get her and Cassie together.