Friday, November 28, 2008

Doctors Visit

We went to see the doctor yesterday. I never thought I would think going to the doctors office is fun but I have changed my mind. Not only do I get to hear the baby's heartbeat but Emily is such a character. Emily figures the room is hers. While we waited in the room she sat up on the bed with me. She decided she wanted one of the disposible cups with water in it. So she turns to me and says, "Water, please." So I got her one. She takes a few sips and says, "Mommy, water." I declined so she turned to her dad, "Daddy, water." He also declined, well this was just not cool so she kept pointing at the cups and repeating, "Mommy, water." I went over and got myself a cup of water. The reason she was so adament was because she wanted to take drinks at the same time as me. It was hilarious. When the doctor came in she said Hi to him. It was cute. She then sat on her dad's lap totally captivated as he took my blood pressure (low end of normal as usual) and listened to the baby's heartbeat (average 148). The doctor joked with us that the baby had hiccups. :) As we got up to leave, Emily turned to her dad and said, "Granma, Papa." Which he told her that yes we were stopping by Papa's store to pick up Papa's truck. She got excited and started to jump up and down and say, "yes, yes." The doctor was laughing and said, "Goodbye Emily." She turned to him, still jumping, and said, "Thank much, thank much." (Translation: Thanks so much) and turned and opened the door. The doctor said it made his day. And Emily turned around every few steps down the hallway to say, "Thank much." She is hilarious. As soon as we got outside she turned to us and said, "Ewww cold." And proceeded to pretend her teeth were chattering. It wasn't that cold but it made me laugh. She is very funny. Her favourite game with her dad is to wipe the top or side of the car with her hand, as we are putting her into the car, turn to Landon, wipe his face with her hand and say, "Its wet!" And then giggle. Landon then does it back. She does it to me sometimes but mostly its a daddy/daughter thing. I love it.

But basically, the baby is fantastic, I'm doing fantastic, totally a boring normal pregnancy. I LOVE IT! And no the ultrasound report did not tell our doctor the sex of the baby. We asked. So please vote. Landon is more convinced everyday that it is a boy. When we get the ultrasound picture back you can look and decide for yourselves. :)

No comments: