Thursday, August 19, 2010

Outdoor Movie = Fun

Our credit union in town does a movie night under the stars for everyone in town once every summer. Tuesday they hosted "How To Train Your Dragon." Emily was so excited to go! She even went down for a nap without too much fuss because she knew she would have to stay home. I love the atmosphere of having around 2000+ people get together to watch a movie in a field. The money made from the concession this year went to Therapeutic Riding Association which I am a big fan of so that was a plus. Emily was terrified of the two mascots of the credit union. I have never seen her so scared. One is "Super Savor" so he is a guy who looks like a superhero. The other is an eagle. Both have big smiles on their faces but they are costumes (like the A&W Bear.) Serena sought us out through the crowd so Emily was quite excited to have "her Serena" with her. Matt and Ashley were also there and Ashley was nice enough to let Emily sit with her as I ran to the concession to get Twizzlers. I was able to see a few people that I haven't see in awhile. All were surprised to see me still here. :) The movie started once it got dark enough (around 9pm). My mom ended up taking Collin to the car and drove him around till he went to sleep. He just wanted to run around, not so good once it got dark. Emily kept pointing up into the sky and trying to count the stars. Good memories. I love summer evenings.

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

Wish we could have done it last year.

Luscher Family said...

isn't it great we used to do it at byu. Hmm think i went to too many universities......