Tuesday, August 31, 2010

We Love the Library

For the last month of the summer the kids and I have gone to the library once a week. It has been so much fun to introduce one of my favourite places to my kids. My aunt made Emily the cutest library bag because Emily wanted to go to "school". She carries it into the library puts her books in the return slot and heads to the kids section. She loved picking out a few movies the last time we were there as well. I have noticed that both she and Collin will grab the bag and read "their books." Especially the Dora the Explorer board book. Collin loves it. He now says: map, backpack, Dora (Dodo), camera, squeeze, bucket, Swimper; all because they are in his favourite book. Today I watched him bring me the book, Emily intercept and tell Collin she will read him the book. She sat with him and summerized each page with him watching enthralled. It was very cute!

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

What fun. I am going to start taking Cassie to story time at the library this fall. We will have to invite Emily along for the fun.