My Aunt Margaret volunteered to drive 2 1/2 hours up to Courtney to pick me up at the ferry terminal. The meant she left home around 6:30am to pick me up from the first ferry. She then drove me down to Victoria (3 hours), waited with me at the passport office, treated me to lunch, drove back to Courtney (3 hours) and then stayed and treated me to dinner to pass the time till the 7 pm ferry. She dropped me off at 6:30pm. When we arrived in Victoria she informed me that Stephen (my brother) wanted to pay for my passport. I looked at her funny and she explained. She gets paid by the government/Stephen for looking after him while my parents are away. She took some of that money to pay for the passport. I almost cried because I didn't actually know how I was going to pay for it. To get an expediated passport is just over a hundred dollars. She was so sweet about it. I am really lucky to have her. And then she told me that she would pick up my passport Tuesday morning and drive it up to Courtney so I could take the ferry over and get the passport the same day instead of putting it in the mail. She has always been a wonderful support but she has surpassed anything with these deeds of service. I am so lucky to have the family that I do.
Today I received a package in the mail from my grandmother. I had known it was coming because she had called the day before to tell my mother. She was sending it so that it would have to be signed for and she wanted to warn me because she didn't want me to get my hopes up that it was my immigration visa. She is a sweetheart. I opened it up and found a Readers Digest Magazine. I was a little surprised until I opened it and found a Thank you card with some Canadian and US money. I called to thank her and she told me that she remembers all the times she had to move when she was a military wife and how stressful it was. She wanted to relieve a little of my stress. My grandma doesn't have a lot of money so it was very unexpected and very thoughtful. She told me that magazine was because she trusts the postal system as much as I trust governments regarding immigration. :)
I love my family!
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
We really do have the greatest grandma and aunt. good luck with everything
Post a Comment