Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Last Week

I don't want to forget all the fun we had last week trying to forget about Landon being gone so I am going to record it. Please bear with me....

Monday: Landon left first thing in the morning. Lots of tears. We headed out to Inland Lake at 1pm to meet up with the Walker family. (Roberta, Robb, Conner, and Hailey) Kids fell asleep in the car so I waited in the parking lot till they woke up about 2 o'clock. Thought the hike to the island was 20 minutes.... just under an hour later we arrived. My feet had gotten a little sweaty from the heat and so I had 3 blisters by the time we got there. Not fun. The kids had fun playing in the water with everyone even though I forgot their swimsuits. Ooops. We left at 4 o'clock, I tried to walk bare foot on the way back. Through a forest. Not smart. Shoes were only a little less painful. After 20 minutes the hair went up on my neck and I realized that we were in the middle of the forest, no one around, and bear/cougar sightings. The forest looks right out of a Twilight movie for those who haven't been here. I got spooked and started to run with the stroller. My feet definitely hurt by the time I got back to the car. My aunt made a beautiful dinner for the everyone. (missionaries, Matt's family, us) Crazy and loud. But fun. Definitely happy to go to bed that night.

Tuesday: Feet still hurt so I filled the kiddie pool and put the sprinkler under the trampoline. The kids ran around naked for most of the day. Collin's sunscreen wore off near the end so he was a little red but not too bad. My kids have no tan lines. This would be because Landon wasn't here to tell me they had to wear clothes. Oops. Very laid back day. Loved it!

Wednesday: Another day in the backyard. It was lovely. I did an photography project for the kids new toy room.

Thursday: Another day in the backyard. Lazy and lovely. Met up with Ashley and Kristina at Ashley's house for a girls night. Emily and Ethan stayed up watching a movie on the laptop on Ashley's bed. Collin stayed home with grandma Knoll and slept. We watched 10 Things I hate about you. Good laughs had by all.

Friday: Kristina and I took the kids on a hour hike at Inland Lake. We hiked for half an hour, ate lunch and let the kids play a little in the water before heading back. I wore the proper foot wear. :) Very relaxing and it was SO nice to have adult conversation. Took the kids home for naps. Kristina came over later that night and we watched The Matchmaker. More good laughs.

Saturday: We were going to head down to the Townsite 100 year celebration but Matt's family plus the missionaries showed up to do service for parents as a surprise so we stayed home. I made up sandwiches for adults, and Kraft dinner for kids. Ashley and I walked up to the corner store with the kids and they each picked out a bag of chips for lunch. I didn't like either of their picks so we purchased a third bag. Good thing we did because all were devoured. :)

Sunday: Church. Kids were really good at church which was a little surprised. My sunday school lesson went well. Nursery was nice to let Collin attend 4 weeks early so I could teach. So nice! Lazy afternoon and then we went to Matt and Ashley's after dinner to hang out for an hour or so.

A pretty fantastic week for being a single parent. Doesn't mean that I don't wish Landon was here. :)

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

Glad you were able to keep busy. What a good mom not to let your kids know how much you missed their dad