Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Remembrance Day: Lest We Forget
Remembrance Day has always been a large part of my family's life. My parents instilled a great reverance for this day. I have attended cenotaph for the majority of my life and have looked forward to the day when I could share it with my own children. It brings tears to my eyes everytime. During the moment of silence at the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month, I remember my grandfathers and my great grandfathers and the sacrifice they and their friends made to keep the world free from mad men. So many gave their lives so that we could have freedom of speech, religion and so forth. And so many still give their lives to help others around the world realize these great blessings. I am grateful for my heritage and I hope to instill this in my children. Here are the pictures I took today after the ceremony at Dwight Hall. Emily enjoyed the bag pipes. I thank God for the blessing he has given me in being born and raised in a free country and for parents who instilled a love for country and history. May we always remember so that history does not need to repeat itself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment