Yeah, I said it, The Perfect Day...
I got home from work to dinner made. Yes, Landon on his own had taken out a frozen lazagna, thawed and cooked it. He even timed for it be done as I was walking in the door. I was a few minutes late so it was warming in the oven. I set the table and we sat down and had a yummy dinner. **Big Thanks Honey** Collin sat on the table in his bumbo. **Note to self go get high chair out of storage** Emily was silly and it was perfect.
When we were finished eating I ran and grabbed a picture of Christ healing the blind man and we had "scripture time." Followed by Family Prayer. I know I am in shock that we did it too! And the kids were fantastic too. **Note to self, new family tradition...**
After dinner instead of worrying about dinner dishes I played on the floor with Emily and Collin building "birthday cakes" out of blocks. Both kids thought I was hilarious because according to Emily the blocks were "hot" and I would throw them around until she blew on them and told me they were cold. I will treasure that moment since I know that I am not the funny one. :) Emily and I mixed up a cake mix to make cupcakes. She is such a great little cook. Well she is until she gets silly. I had to step in before the mixer sprayed cake mix on my walls...
AND THEN...
As I was shutting the oven door on my cupcakes the power went out. (6:45 pm) Yep, a fantasticly crazy wind and rain storm knocked out all the power. As Landon searched the house for a working flashlight (which Emily had worn out all batteries playing with them) and then for just candles to light, my children laughed at mommy for turning "out the lights." We gathered as a family in our living room and enjoyed enforced no electricity time. LOVED IT! Landon read us five chapters, by candlelight, out of his favourite childhood book, The Westin House. Emily, Collin and I sat on the floor and coloured as he read. Then Emily fell asleep in my arms as Collin and daddy wrestled. When Emily woke up we ended up hanging out on my bed until Emily decided it was time for Mommy to "lay on Emmy's bed with Emmy." The power came on at 9:15pm to a house of sleeping people. I got up, threw out the cupcakes which were in the stove, and finished making cupcakes with the left over batter.
A perfect end to the perfect day!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I love perfect days!...especially since they don't happen very often! I'm so glad to hear you are all doing well! I hope you have an excellent Thanksgiving! Love and hugs to all of you! Wish we could see you. xoxoxoxo
Sounds wonderful. Gotta love those little moments. Makes me want to turn my power off and spend a night with the family
Nice! I love those kind of days. Great job!!
Post a Comment