Emily and Collin went as the princess and the frog prince. They both loved their costumes. Emily would never have worn a hat at Collin's age. We went trick or treating in the mall just before lunch with Matt, Ashley, Ethan, Sariah (Goldilocks and the Three Bears) and Nicole, Mike and Ryan. Emily had so much fun running into the stores with Ryan. She would walk up and say, "Treat please." Sometimes she would say, "Emmy need treat please for party." I don't know where she got that from. She said lots of interesting things that day. Collin loved everyone coming up to him and saying he was cute. He would always give them a big grin. After the mall we went and got Landon from work. The ladies at Sears showered Emily and Collin with attention and candy. They both loved it. For a special treat we went for lunch at McDonalds before heading out to Rob Higgin's house to crash his pumpkin carving party. We had lots of fun playing with the Coe family (minus Jordan), the Jensen and Higgin families. We headed home for naps and dinner before heading out with Wes, Serena, Amy and Karina for a few hours of trick or treating. You heard me correctly we went out from 5:30pm-7:30pm. And if the houses on the way back hadn't had so many stairs I think Emily could have gone for another hour. She LOVED it! The first house we went to was the Corbett's who are like another set of grandparents for Emily. She went straight into the house. :) By the second house she was racing. I don't think she said trick or treat once. Usually it went like this...
Emily: **knock on the door** "Hello" (I would then knock because she doesn't knock very hard.)
Door would open and then....
Emily: **giggling and jumping up and down** "Treat, please, treat, please, treat please"
The owner would usually tell her how cute she was, hand over the candy and then..
Emily: "Thank-you." **then turn to me** "Mommy, let's go get nother treat for Emmy" and off she would run!
She literally ran from house to house for two and a half blocks. The older girls had trouble keeping up. My favourite was when we would come to a house with a "scary monster" and she would say, "Its scarey monster, mommy. C'mon let's get out of here." Word for word that is what she would say and then she would run pulling on my hand. I would break out into laughter each time. I love my daughter. And she LOVES Halloween. At the end she wanted to go to Ethan's house to trick or treat. So we walked to my brother Matt's house and hung out there for a few minutes. She fell asleep on the way home. It was an awesome day! Enjoy the pictures!
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |






2 comments:
SO CUTE!! I love Collin's costume. You made it? He was the cutest little frog prince EVER!! And I love Emmy's princess dress! Adorable! Kenlee isn't afraid of bugs either :).
What fun. Kinda miss the door to door trick or treat though I love being done in 20 mins and out of the cold.
Post a Comment