Monday, September 7, 2009

Sleep oh Sleep Where are you???

My kids have gone on a sleep strike. Yesterday Collin took 2 20 minute naps. Emily took 1 30 minute nap. At 9pm Collin went to sleep, so I figured Emily would go down early since she really hadn't taken a nap. Nope... She woke Collin a few times screaming about not going to bed. At midnight Collin wouldn't go back down after Emily woke him up for a third time. He was just sitting there bright eyed. I was a little punch drunk tired. Landon had fallen asleep at 9 pm because he had a headache. I woke him up just after midnight. At 1 AM I decided that I couldn't handle it anymore and took Collin to bed with me. He fell asleep nursing. Emily finally fell asleep at 1:30 am. Collin woke up two more times before 8 AM. He would wake up and start laughing and talking to the ceiling. Cute but I really wanted sleep. Emily came into our room about 7:30 AM wanting to sit and chat. I crawled out of bed at 8:15 AM since I had an appointment with the massage therapist about my neck. When I got home at 10 AM both kids are wide awake and looking like they have no nap plans in the near future.

Did I tell you how excited I am to put up a door on their bedroom?