Sunday, September 13, 2009

Beautiful Lesson

Today our fantastically, wonderful stake president was visiting Powell River. In church he spoke about many great things. But one example he gave filled me with so much hope. He talked about a metaphor he had read about what God expects of us. How we are like the child that comes to our parents with the gift of a flower. How a young child brings in a dandelion and presents it to their parent as if they are delivering the most precious and rare flower. And as a parent we accept it because we know that at that time it is. How we "present" to our Heavenly Father different "gifts" and that he accepts these "dandelions" because he knows what it takes for us to present them. And he has faith in us that one day these gifts will turn into roses, etc. He only expects us to give the best that we can at this time.

I know that Lord accepts me for who I am, and he knows what is in my heart. He loves me as much as he loves all of his children. No matter where they are at in their lives. Their gift to him is as beautiful and precious as mine. I am so grateful for this knowledge.

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

What an amazing metaphor. I love it.