Wednesday, September 2, 2009
First Day, Long Day
Today was my first full day back at work and what a day it was! I left the house at 8:30 am. I was in meetings until 11:30 am. At noon Landon brought the kids and lunch to work (so I could feed Collin.) More meetings in the afternoon. Run a few errands in town and then to the massage therapist who is working on my neck trying to get rid of the headaches I've had since the accident. I get home just after 5pm. Feed Collin. Laugh because Emily (for the first time) asks to wear her dancing skirt to the beach. Off to a BBQ at Gibsons Beach at 5:30pm. My friend Jolene (Holmgren) Anderson is in town with her husband Carl and son Ryan. Her mom threw a BBQ for a few friends and family. The food was great and so was the company. So much fun to visit with Jolene and family, Audrey, Colleen and her family and Amanda and her family. Emily loved being on the beach, throwing rocks into the water. A birthday cake for Ryan. Emily came running as we sang Happy Birthday to Ryan. She loves a "Happy Day". Everyone got a piece of delicious chocolate cake. Mmmmm! Head home, feed Collin, put him to bed. Watch Jane Austen's Persuasion with my fantastic spouse. (Loved it! Especially the fact that we got to sit next to each other for most of the movie. I love that my husband loves period films!) Finally convince Emily to go to bed. And now I am excited to have a well deserved sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Oh wow, I can't believe how tired I am just reading about your day! Good for you for making it through!!
Weird- I just watched Persuasion last night too! Only my husband was at the hospital all night, so I had to watch it by myself. Next time, I'm coming over to your house to watch it with you guys:)
Post a Comment