Monday, September 21, 2009

Memories and Exercising

After Collin was born I was determined to get into shape and lose all that baby weight. I got within 5 lbs, (with another 5 lbs till I was at my ideal weight) and went on vacation to Idaho/Utah. Its been downhill from there. I think I worked out twice the rest of the summer. When I pulled out all my work clothes I realized that they were all a little tight. With no money for new clothes I decided to buckle down and work out. That was two weeks ago. Hmmmm... But I am happy to say TODAY I went to Aquasizes with my mom! So FUN! I loved it. My body is still tired and it has been eight hours. Can't wait till tomorrow morning. I love having a sore body! :) My mom and I are going twice a week. I may sneak in for a time without her but we are starting out slow.

As I was working out in the pool (with a dopey grin on my face) I remembered all the times my friend Nancy and I went to Water Aerobics at Utah State. I would drag myself out of bed around 5:30, pick up/wake up Nancy by 5:45 and we would be in the pool by 6AM four times a week. LOVED IT! I was in the best shape of my life! Don't know how I survived because most nights I wasn't home/asleep till between 1am and 2am. But hey that was University. :) All those early morning conversations that will never be repeated....Love you Nancy!

I am so excited to create memories with my mom, our friend Joanne and my sister in law Ashley. Watch out world, here we come!

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

I have always wanted to try aquasize but it is only offered in the middle of the day. Good luck.

Rachel Kingsley said...

Fun! I go to the gym weekday mornings (early) but it's not as fun as going with a group! Enjoy!