
Emily came into our room this mornig at 8 am to let us know that it was her birthday. She kept casually looking at her presents next to the bed. I told her we needed to wait until Collin was up. I asked if she wanted to hear the story of how she got her name. She listened carefully through the whole story. She was so excited. THen she told me she wanted to get her "baby" book. It was a freebie online book I made that has about 10 pages and covers the first year of her life. She love it! Landon, Emiy and I went page by page and Landon and I would tell her the stories behind the pictures. She has heard them all a million times but was excited to hear them again. Collin came wandering in and so we opened gifts. The lalaloopsy little sister that she wanted for her birthday finally showed up in a store a week ago and it was on sale. We had already bought her presents so I grabbed her birthday money from Grandma and Grandpa Hull and Matt's family and bought it for her from them. She had been snooping in my room the night before and found it so she wasn't surprised but was super excited. Next was the lalaloopsy from her dad, a lalaloopsy costume from me and a lalaloopsy purse with chapstcks from Collin. I quickly got ready so that I could finish all the last minute preparations for her party at 10:30 am. Landon helped out too so it went really fast. My brother Matt called and Emily talked with him and his kids on speaker phone. Then I got to chat with my brother for awhile. A big thanks to the moms who stayed behind to help out with the 20 kids running around my house. (Thanks Lorilee, Janie, Suzie, Kierra and Cami). Also a big thank-you to Emily's regular babysitter who came because Emily invited her and helped out with the cupcake decorating. The party was a huge success. Only two kids did not come. For future reference the kids who came were: Cassie, Maggie, Zerric, Audrey, Dreyden, Isaac, Annabelle, Caden (and his baby sister), Madi, Bodi, Berkley, Hallie, Carter, Caleb (and Emmett for half an hour), Abby, Anna, Emma, Stella, and my two kids. Emily invited her friends and their younger siblings. I divided the kids into four groups and they rotated through the activities. (Yes I am a school teacher.) One was "Pin the Eye/Eye Patch on the Lalaloopsy". Emily and I had made them a week before when she had come to work with me. Hilarious results. (All I will say is Zerric takes after his dad) Another activity was decorating a cupcake and then picking a lalaloopsy pencil topper to go on top. Then they got to take the topper home. The third activity was a modified basketball. They used the lalaloopsy pets I had made and tried to "shoot" them into the laundry basket on the other side of the room. The fourth activity was to play in the toy room. They stayed at each activity for 10 minutes. Then they all went down to the play room while the moms and Kestrel got the finger food on the table. Then the kids ate picnic style on the living room floor. Afterwards we opened presents (Emily was spoiled.) The lalaloopsy ferris wheel stole the day. (Thank-you Caden!) We blew out the candles and handed out button sugar cookies to everyone. Everyone then headed home with a pencil, pencil topper, colouring book (lalaloopsy for girls, individualized Story Studio for boys) and a lalaloopsy pet. Great time was had by all! Kaylene and Cami stayed behind to help clean up. It was nice to visit with them. Emily received two more phone calls in the afternoon from my dad (who shares her birthday) and from Aunt Nomi. Emily is feeling very spoiled. :) We are waiting for the arrival of my inlaws. A great birthday!
We are so blest to have Emily in our lives. We love her and the joy she shares with us. She is loving and kind. She thinks of those around her. She is so smart and I can't believe the growth that she has made this last year. She is so excited to go to "big kids" school. I grateful for the blessing she is to us. We Love our Emmy!
We are so blest to have Emily in our lives. We love her and the joy she shares with us. She is loving and kind. She thinks of those around her. She is so smart and I can't believe the growth that she has made this last year. She is so excited to go to "big kids" school. I grateful for the blessing she is to us. We Love our Emmy!
![]() |
| Free picture slideshow generated with Smilebox |






4 comments:
Happy birthday sweet Emily! Sorry we didn't make it. We've been battling cooks and sore throats all week and Jaxon was fevering. I hope Emily liked her present from us!
I can't believe Emily is 5! She is such a cutie, I'm glad I was able to talk to her yesterday and say happy birthday! Very cute slide show! When I have kids you can plan their birthday parties! We love you guys!
The party was a hit according to my kids. Love it. Sorry I couldn't help but it was nice to have 2 less kids during Tyson's party
Can you believe she is 5??!! Happy Birthday, Emily!
Post a Comment