I have taught alot of kids in my career. There are many that have touched my life in wonderful ways. There is one student (and his family) that I always looked up to. He was never in any of my classes (actually he is gifted) but I had the chance to be around him at school. I was able to help support him and a group at school (with their parents) fundraise to go to an international competition. He was always so positive. He had survived a tumor behind his eye when he was a child, even granted a wish from the Make a Wish Foundation. He had beat the tumor and was a great kid to be around. His parents were so friendly and kind. I recently found out that he had been diagnosed with another brain tumor. He is a freshman this year in high school. The town has been supporting fundraisers to help with costs. He made the following video to let those who didn't know him get to know him. Being far away, it was nice to hear and see him again. It brought tears to my eyes to watch him laugh, joke, sing and say thank-you. I just wanted to share a video that helped me put life into perspective. Watch, and let it change you. I know that I am going to work at being more positive and happy. And if you want you can donate at Scotia Bank to help him out.
Jasper's Video
Friday, February 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment