Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What is up with us???

Not been very good lately at keeping up with my blog. Life has been coming at us fast and I feel like most days I am just treading water. I hope to be better at this as I keep these as our family journal. So many fun and funny things have been going on and I don't want to forget them. Such as:

The Thor's Hammer Incident
My hammer had gone missing on Friday. I used it to hammer in a nail in the kids room, put it down for a minute and when I turned back to pick it up it was missing. Emily was the only one in the room and she swore she didn't have it. I figured it would come up and forgot about it. On Sunday morning I was getting the kids ready for church (as Landon was down in Utah with family). I had asked Collin a bazillion times to get his shoes on. He was running around as the Hulk. (Wish I'd known that it was a forshadowing for Church) I finally got him into his room and asked him to get his shoes out of the pile in his closet. He looks at me with his hands on his hips and said, "This is a job for Four's (Thor's) hammer!" He goes into the pile of shoes and comes out holding my hammer. I grabbed it from him and doubled over in laughter. That kid cracks me up!

The Family Picture Incidents
Emily is quite a little artist. A few weeks ago in church she drew a family picture. I need to take a picture of it and post it. While she was working on it she asked me for Landon and my "numbers". That is her way of asking you how old you are. I passed on the information which she promptly put on our shirts. She then added hers and Collin's "numbers". I went back to listening to the speaker. Next thing I know she proudly hands me the picture. I see fabulous pictures of each member of our family. Plus three more kids. Yep, three. According to Emily she has a sister Kate who is 5 (from the number on her shirt), a brother named Hashmakaka who is 2 and a baby brother who has no name that is 1. I found out the names when I asked her who the other 3 family members are. This picture was not a one time occurance. My friend subbed for Emily's primary teacher at church and had them draw pictures of their families. Emily drew our family and three more kids. I think she is trying to give me a message. Too bad I'm not listening. (The name Hashmakaka is a running joke between Emily and her dad. It is the name of a camel in a Christmas book my grandmother gave us.)

The Girls Night/Couple Night Incidents
A few weekends ago I really wanted a date night. After talking with Landon we decided to invite a few of our friends to come out with us to dinner and a movie. The Johnsons and the Dances came out to dinner with us. (We got a joint babysitter for all of our kids as we are the only ones who get babysitters on a regular basis). After dinner Landon and I joined the Higbees at Sherlock Holmes. Lots of fun!
Last weekend was my friend Lorilee's birthday. She wanted to have a girls night and a night where her thre closest friends plus their spouse's got together to play games. So Friday night after our ward potluck and the Elders Quorum moved a family I had 13 ladies over to my house for a girls night. We sat around and chatted, giggled, laughed, played games and had lots of fun. For many of the people it was the first time they had hung out together. We all made plans to do it again. Landon is actually encouraging me to do it. He thinks that it was good for all of us. My friend Alicia's husband Blake came over to keep Landon company. Good food and good company equals success.
On Saturday Landon headed down to Utah for some time with his brother and parents. The Johnson's and Dance's came to our house that night for cake, ice cream and games. We hung out for a couple of hours. It was lots of fun even though I did miss Landon. All of our kids played nicely together so fun was had by all. I ordered the cake from a local bakery owned by some of our friends. It was SOOOOO good. We were sad that the Moores couldn't make it as their daughter suddenly was very sick to her stomach.

The Changing Majors Incident
A few weeks into the semester Landon had a life changing experience and coupled with some excellent advice from a school counsellor Landon took a leap of faith and changed majors. I can't remember the name of the program but he will be able to do x-rays, ultrasounds, etc. IT is a bachelor program and ISU has a really great, well rounded program. It only puts him back a year and he is so excited to complete the program. And we are excited for him to. He dropped all but one class and will be going full time this summer.

I will leave this long post now but expect more in the future, especially if I get around to downloading some pictures from my camera. :)

2 comments:

Dyane said...

I was thinking that when you put it all in one post it seems like a busy (and fun) week! I love your daughters family drawing story, Can't wait to see it.

Kenton and Haylee said...

Miss you guys! Be sure to give Collin a big late birthday hug from us. I hope we see you guys soon!