Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The New Teacher

My car made really funny sounds pulling into work yesterday morning. I was really worried about it so I called Landon and asked him to take a look sometime during the day. Halfway through 5th period he came out with the kids. Collin had fallen asleep so he slept on the floor of my classroom (not very comfortable) on top of my jacket. Emily loves coming here and know the routine. She grabbed some change from my wallet and headed down to the vending machine to get cheese and crackers. She is hilarious about having to get food when she comes to visit me. She loves our cafeteria and was sad that we had already had lunch. I had a meeting during 6th hour so the kids were left in my room. I showed Emily where I was for my meeting so she could find me. I found her skipping up and down the hallways just for fun. :) When I got back to my room I found that she had filled in my homeroom's job chart with times copied off the bell schedule. She had also written letters on my board. She told me that she was being a teacher to all the students in my classroom. She asked me to take my seat. She "introduced" me to a few of the students. She got down my globe and started showing "us" different places. She pointed at the Atlantic Ocean and said, "It has an A, a T, and an L and says it is a river." She gave me a stern look when I corrected her and said Atlantic Ocean. When we went to leave she showed me that she had been hiding the letters to her name in the letters she had written on the board. Can you find them? :) She asked if she could stay with me until I was finished with homework lab. She was so excited to spend time with me. Collin was sad to have missed time in my class. He loves it too. On the way home I asked Emily if she was going to become a teacher. She said, "No, I am going to be a dentist and poke needles in people." :) No idea where that came from. (PS Landon took my car across the street to Les Schwab due to the sound came from my wheel well. They rotated the tires and couldn't find anything wrong. Car is running great now. No idea what was going on.) The pictures aren't great because I took them on my cell phone which is old. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily is so funny and cute! I wonder where she got the idea she wanted to poke needles in people?!