Friday, March 23, 2012

Our Baton Girl

A month ago Emily was able to pick a treasure from the treasure chest at preschool for her good behavior. She picked out a baton. It was glittery and all that goodness. She has LOVED it. Somehow she and her friend caused a crack in the handle and so it leaks water and glitter. I have been unable to find the tape to close it up so the baton has been up so that I don't worry about the mess. Tonight I came home from the crazy day trip to Boise to find both of my kids asleep. Emily was in her supergirl costume from Halloween. As I moved her upstairs she woke a little and started talking in her sleep. She asked for her baton. Since it still doesn't have tape on it I was worried about what to do. Luckily Emily fell right back asleep. But I glanced at her sparkly pink supergirl outfit and at the glittery baton and I thought what a funny girl she is. She will be able to twirl her baton in her glittery pink outfit. So funny!

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

She is cute with that baton. You may need to buy a new one

Slaves of Intensity said...

We had a baton from the dollar store that did that same thing- Better just to go buy one that won't break and she can play with for years. (Don't tell anyone, but I actually took baton lessons when I was young, and my mom can still twirl a baton, while it's on fire- it's awesome for parties)