Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Emily's Dance Recital

Emily's dance recital was last night. Since Emily cut her bangs off a few days ago (another story) I creatively did her hair for the night. The teacher had asked for two pony tails and lots of volume and curl. I accomplished volume and pulled back with two bobby pins. But she looked very pretty. I was impressed that she sat there long enough to do her hair and her makeup. She is growing up so fast. We arrived a half an hour early, as requested by the teacher. When we got there we discovered that Emily's dance class was number 34 and 38 out of 40 dance numbers. Usually they are in the first 15. Landon headed home due to the large number of people crammed in and his growing claustrophobia. Emily, Collin and I sat with Cassie, Russell, Maggie and Rita's in laws. Rita wasn't able to be there due to prior commitments until just before Cassie and Emily went on. Nic and Tyson had to leave for an hour for Tyson's basketball practice. Maggie was really cute during her dance number. Emily and Cassie were really well behaved while we waited. Collin not so much. He wanted to be in bed. He survived the night due to the grace of God. :) Landon was on his way to the recital when I called frantic that I had forgotten Emily's tap costume. He turned around, picked it up, and made it back in time to watch the last 40 sec of Emily's ballet number. I videotaped it for him. :) There tap number was to "Animal Crackers" sung by Shirley Temple. She held a stuffed animal during it. Soooo cute. Emily did such a wonderful job. She will be with a different dance teacher this next session for tap and ballet. It was sad to say good bye to Caitlyn. I have included the videos and few pictures. They give out medals to all the performers if you are still there at the end of the recital. This was the first time Emily has ever gotten a medal. She was so proud of her self. Enjoy!



No comments: