Sunday, December 11, 2011

Creche Exhibit

At ISU tonight, at the Stevens Performing Arts Center, there was an exhibit of nativity scenes and original Greg Olsen paintings. Rita had told us about it and I thought that it would be a good way to get the kids out of Landon's hair as he was studying for his two finals tomorrow. Emily brought along the sacrament quiet book I made her to show Cassie. (We had hoped to run into Rita's family but they weren't there before we left. In the quiet book there are small pictures of Greg Olsen's paintings with quotes on the back along with pictures of different temples. Collin has one as well but he didn't bring his. I did not know the paintings would be there and Emily was so excited to see them. Right away she remembered which ones were in her book and which were in Collin's book. She would flip through her book at each new painting to find its "match." She was so excited. It was her favorite part. She and Collin got a kick out of the nativity's that used bears for the people. She saw a nativty that was carved out of yellow wax. She giggled and told me that baby Jesus was yellow like cheese. We left when Collin started getting out of control and almost knocked a couple of people over as I tried to catch him. It was a beautiful exhibit that showed the meaning for this season.

1 comment: