I haven't had much time for our family blog lately so I am going to try and do some catch up. I am not sure anyone reads this anymore but for the sake of family memories we are going to fill in some blanks. Emily and Collin were superheroes this year. They were able to wear their costumes to library time the Wednesday before Halloween. Emily wore her costume to dance class and school the Thursday before Halloween. I was able to have a coworker switch after school homework lab with me so that I could be home to take the kids to our ward's trunk or treat. I got home with enough time to get the kids into their costumes, dump the candy in a big bowl and head to the church. We got there 10 minutes early and it was packed! Landon had to take our car into the shop so he got there 20 minutes later. Rita's neighbor was nice enough to pass out our candy for us so I could go with his wife, their kids and my kids. Their son, Jake, is 5 years old and he and Collin call each other best friends. It was great because he helped keep an eye on Collin for me because he kept wandering off. There were so many cars that it took about half an hour to weave our way through all the vehicles. The kids saw lots of their friends and people in our ward. Collin had to empty his small bag into Emily's because it was full. By the end I was carrying Emily's because it was so full. Our friend's the Stein's invited us to pizza at their house and then trick or treating around their neighborhood. Before we ran up there my friend Lorilee and I went to old town to take the kids trick or treating. They had just ended so we went to a few homes in the ward instead. The kids were so excited to see Kestrel. They had a "moster in the bush" that the kids thought was fabulous. We left Lorilee to trick or treat with our friend's the Moores and headed up to Steins. It was a lot of fun to visit with them. Not many people go around their neighborhood so the kids made out with a HAUL! I could not believe it. Emily and Collin were most excited about the microwave popcorn, juice box, and pencil they got. :) It was a great day! Enjoy a few pictures.

Jake, Collin, Caleb, Emily




On our way to the Trunk or Treat
Jake, Collin, Caleb, Emily
Lorilee and Emmet
Rita and her family
Caleb, Kestrel, Collin and Emily
The Monster in the Bush
Our Haul (before we went up to Stein's)
Emily's Bat Cat pumpkin (We had Stein's over the previous week to carve pumpkins. She and Collin painted the other pumpkins)





1 comment:
wow fun pictures. you guys got more candy then we did. Crazy
Post a Comment