Thursday, May 26, 2011
Lava Hot Springs
Today our whole school went to Lava Hot Springs to go swimming and enjoy some free time. I wore a tank top, t-shirt, hooded sweater, and a lined windbreaker..... and FROZE! There was no way I was getting into the outdoor heated pool because I would get hypothermia getting out of the pool in freezing cold wind and low temperature. The sun came out for about 5 minutes. I borrowed a blanket from a coworker and snuggled up with a blanker and the same coworkers Kindle. Yep I forgot a book. I must still be out of it from being sick. Me forget a book. Impossible. But it did happen. The only problem was that I got 26% of the way through the murder mystery and then I had to give it back. (The Kindle tracks your progress which is why the exact percentage.) Sad! Now I need to go to the library and find the book so I can find out how it ends! Not only that I haven't been eating because I have not had an appetite since I got sick. But of course it comes back as we are bording the bus. Luckily a coworker gave me a poptart and that filled me for the rest of the day. The students didn't seem to notice the cold and had a lot of fun. It was an hour and a half bus ride there and back which was very loud. But guess what..... Tomorrow is my last day with students for the whole summer! Yippee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
how fun and exciting for you
Post a Comment